We have had a great month of SWSC. This week we will have camp Monday – Wednesday, and then camp will be on break for July 4th Holidays and UIL dates. The questionnaire for this week will be sent from our Rank One email system and through google classroom. We are looking forward to finishing strong this week. Please stay safe if you are traveling. If you have registration questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All times are listed below:
1 – Middle School (Incoming 7th & 8th) Boys
6:45 am: Arrive and be prepared to fill out COVID-19 Questionnaire Daily
7 am-8 am: Strength and Conditioning
Session 2 – High School (10-12th) Boys
7:45 am: Arrive and be prepared to fill out COVID-19 Questionnaire Daily
8 am-10 am: Strength and Conditioning (Skills training on certain days)
Session 3 – High School (Incoming 9th) Boys
10:15 am: Arrive and be prepared to fill out COVID-19 Questionnaire Daily
10:30 am-12:30 pm: Strength and Conditioning (Skills training on certain days)
Listed below are some important reminders for the week:
CHECK IN / DROP OFF IS AT GRASS FIELDS BEHIND VRHS BRING YOUR OWN WATER BOTTLE DAILY, SUN SCREEN, PROPER SHOES MUST HAVE A PHYSICAL ON FILE WITH LISD WHEN DONE WITH WORKOUT, MUST LEAVE. NO CONGREGATING ETC. PARENTS MUST REMAIN IN CAR WHEN PICKING UP FILL OUT COVID-19 QUESTIONNAIRE DAILY ON GOOGLE DOC
**Training Camp for the Fall will be August 3rd for all players.**
Leander ISD Athletics would like to pass along an important update from the UIL regarding Preparticipation Physical Exams (Athletic Physicals) for the upcoming 2020-21 School Year.
Leander ISD policy normally requires an annual athletic physical prior to an athlete participating in any athletic practice/game with their respective school. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the UIL is allowing any 2019-20 Athletic Physical to be valid for the 2020-21 School Year. Leander ISD recommends that each athlete complete an athletic physical annually but will allow the 2019-20 Athletic Physical to be valid for the 2020-21 school year per the UIL Legislative Council recommendations.
The requirement for the 2020-21 school year is that all parents & student athletes complete the Medical History Questionnaire that can be found on the Preparticipation Physical Exam form and can also be found as a part of the Rank One online forms that are also required to be completed. Once all online forms are complete, athletes will be allowed to practice and compete for the 2020-21 school year.
Under these new guidelines, an athlete would not need to see a physician for a full exam unless they meet the following criteria. Athletes meeting the criteria below will need a full physical exam by a physician of the family’s choice.
ATHLETES REQUIRED TO HAVE A PHYSICAL EXAM BY A PHYSICIAN to be eligible to participate in practices/games:
- Incoming 7th graders to athletics
- New to athletics – Did not practice or compete in 2019-20 school year
- No 2019-20 Preparticipation Physical Exam on record with the school
- Answered “Yes” on any question on the Medical History questionnaire that was not previously cleared by written documentation from the treating physician. The athletic trainers will review the questions that were answered “yes” on and determine if a Physical Exam will be necessary.
- Any significant injury or condition that needed treatment by a physician since the student’s last physical exam
If an athlete does not meet above criteria, then they may use the 2019-20 Physical Exam as a valid 2020-21 physical and practice/compete as long as they have the following:
ATHLETES THAT DO NOT NEED A PHYSICIAN EXAM:
- Have a 2019-20 Athletic Physical on file with the school
- Completed the 2020-21 Preparticipation Physical Exam Medical History questionnaire
- Has answered all “No” on the 2020-21 Medical History questionnaire
- Completed the Leander ISD Rank One online paperwork
If you have any questions, please reach out to the high school athletic trainer. Thank you.
Vista Ridge High School
Rikkie Fernandez – email@example.com
Jose Carrillo – firstname.lastname@example.org