The Leander Independent School District requires the following online forms to be completed before the start of the season (Aug):
- LISD Athletic Handbook Guidelines and Insurance Form
- Concussion Acknowledgement Form
- SCA Awareness Form
- Steroid Agreement Form
- UIL General Rules Acknowledgement Form
Leander ISD Athletics would like to pass along an important update from the UIL regarding Preparticipation Physical Exams (Athletic Physicals) for the upcoming 2020-21 School Year.
Leander ISD policy normally requires an annual athletic physical prior to an athlete participating in any athletic practice/game with their respective school. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the UIL is allowing any 2019-20 Athletic Physical to be valid for the 2020-21 School Year. Leander ISD recommends that each athlete complete an athletic physical annually but will allow the 2019-20 Athletic Physical to be valid for the 2020-21 school year per the UIL Legislative Council recommendations.
The requirement for the 2020-21 school year is that all parents & student athletes complete the Medical History Questionnaire that can be found on the Preparticipation Physical Exam form and can also be found as a part of the Rank One online forms that are also required to be completed. Once all online forms are complete, athletes will be allowed to practice and compete for the 2020-21 school year.
Under these new guidelines, an athlete would not need to see a physician for a full exam unless they meet the following criteria. Athletes meeting the criteria below will need a full physical exam by a physician of the family’s choice.
ATHLETES REQUIRED TO HAVE A PHYSICAL EXAM BY A PHYSICIAN to be eligible to participate in practices/games:
- Incoming 7th graders to athletics
- New to athletics – Did not practice or compete in 2019-20 school year
- No 2019-20 Preparticipation Physical Exam on record with the school
- Answered “Yes” on any question on the Medical History questionnaire that was not previously cleared by written documentation from the treating physician. The athletic trainers will review the questions that were answered “yes” on and determine if a Physical Exam will be necessary.
- Any significant injury or condition that needed treatment by a physician since the student’s last physical exam
If an athlete does not meet above criteria, then they may use the 2019-20 Physical Exam as a valid 2020-21 physical and practice/compete as long as they have the following:
ATHLETES THAT DO NOT NEED A PHYSICIAN EXAM:
- Have a 2019-20 Athletic Physical on file with the school
- Completed the 2020-21 Preparticipation Physical Exam Medical History questionnaire
- Has answered all “No” on the 2020-21 Medical History questionnaire
- Completed the Leander ISD Rank One online paperwork
If you have any questions, please reach out to the high school athletic trainer. Thank you.
Vista Ridge High School
Rikkie Fernandez – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jose Carrillo – email@example.com
All physicals should be completed on the current up-to-date (2020-2021)
Print the forms, fill out the Medical History, and take them to your doctor at the time of the physical exam.
The number one most important part of football is our athletes. Ensure to properly hydrate, fuel, stretch, and even obtain proper amounts of sleep leading into all workouts during the summer and into the season.
Check list for incoming athletes and parents:
- Learn about the program from Coach Vincent during the football informational night (March)
- Pre-order a game day shirt for your athlete in advance (March) *Please ask your athlete to submit the form to specify shirt size.
- Purchase your athlete’s gear for the Spring 7 on 7 Freshman league against Vandegrift and Cedar Park (April & May)
- Prepare your contact list of ten for the Spring Fundraiser (April)
- Attend the Ranger Nation spring game and get to know the Ranger Nation family at Vista Ridge High School (May)
- Let your athlete compete in the Summer 7 on 7 league at Cedar Park with the entire football program (June)
- Signup and participate in summer conditioning program (June 8th)
- Complete Student Physical, prior to first practice in fall (Sept 7th)
- LISD Athletic Forms, online, prior to first practice in fall (Sept 7th)
- Report to Training Camp (Sept 7th)
- Become a Booster Club member anytime or as soon as possible
- Volunteer for a single event or the entire season
- Muilt-Sport athlete? Consider the Family Pass to save money
In addition, we will release information for the opportunity to purchase team meals before games for the season.
Welcome to the Ranger Nation Family!
General Football: Coach Vincent – Rodney.firstname.lastname@example.org
VR Summer Camps: Coach Brown – Todd.email@example.com
Strength & Conditioning: Coach Kennedy – Joe.Kennedy@leanderisd.org