Tradition Starts Here!
Vista Ridge Youth Sports is laying the foundational building blocks to build future Vista Ridge champions! The goal of the youth football program is not only to coach your child to who they are today, but to prepare your child to succeed as a future Ranger. Our youth program is here to help your student athlete gain the confidence and skills necessary to succeed at the next level, both on and off the field.
The Vista Ridge Youth Sports youth tackle football program is promoting a safer way to play at the youth football level. Below are a few of the advanced safety measures being taken by the youth program.
• Grouping divisions of play by age and weight to ensure teams are built of like physical and mental ability.
• No kickoffs at all levels of play, this removes the “high impact” big collision tackles that lead to injury and concussions.
• Teaching Hawk / Shoulder tackling. This is based on the Rugby tackle, with emphasis to take the head out of the tackle.
• All coaches are Heads Up Concision certified.
• All coaches are USA Football certified.
The youth football program is designed to give our future Rangers a competitive advantage by learning the not just the fundamentals of football, but also learning the nomenclature that makes Ranger football unique. Our current High Scholl & Middle School coaches work closely with the VRYS coaches to ensure your future Rangers are being taught the proper technique, terminology & fundamental play structure that will allow them to succeed in middle school and high school athletics. All youth programs are done in a fun, positive, and enrichening environment tailored to the needs of youth at every age level.
Vista Ridge Youth Sports promotes and participates in both tackle and flag football as well as assisting in offseason 7v7 programs. “Being a Ranger Makes You Elite!”
This website is maintained by the Vista Ridge High School Athletic Booster Club and is not a part of Vista Ridge High School or the Leander Independent School District. Neither Vista Ridge High School nor Leander ISD is responsible for the content of this web site or the content of links external to this website.